Thursday, January 31, 2013

How to say goodbye in robot.

I breathe, and it makes me remember; even though I'm heaving through corrupted lungs, I am alive.

I bleed, red blood. Dark like love, thick like bitterness. And it means that I am real, even if most of my feelings are dead or gone.

I love, bright and hot, and it makes me lucky. Because I know I'm bitter and hateful, but there's still that little spark even if none can be spared for myself.

I have scars that prove all this and more. Scars he left on my heart, scars she carved through my trust, scars they left on my body, scars I sliced into my skin.

My bruises make me more than just alive, they make me more than real. They make me here.

They prove I don't know what I'm doing, that I am biased and angry and feeling, even though sometimes I forget that I can feel anything besides hate.

I forget and I hate myself and I forget more.
Because forgetting makes it easy, because it's hard to remember.

It's hard being real and alive and here.

I see the scars and I remember and I see your face and I remember and I think of who I am and I remember, remember, remember.
It hurts. It hurts, hurts, hurts, as if I'm setting my insides on fire.

But.
But then I breathe and it makes me remember.

0100100100100000011000010110110100100000011010000111010101101101011000010110111000101110
[I am human.]


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I am bitter that you are such an amazing writer. You make me feel something every time I read your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's hard being real and alive and here."

    This is a t-shirt or a bumper sticker or a tattoo or something important.

    ReplyDelete