Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Leave me in the cold with water damage, embedded in the rain.

There are one-hundred, sixty-nine books in my room.**

One-thousand, eight-hundred, twenty-eight books in my house.

One-thousand, four-hundred, forty-two books if you don't count the picture books; one-thousand, four-hundred, thirty-four if you don't include the library books; one-thousand, four-hundred, twenty-five not counting the ones that are borrowed; and one-thousand, four-hundred, twenty-three if you count out the ones that are stolen.

I'm going away to college soon. The idea of picking which books to bring and which books to leave behind is more terrifying to me than anything else.

Sometimes I think I'll miss them more than my friends or family.
Maybe that's the scariest idea of all.


P.S. Writer's block is a bitch. And so is counting books.
*173 as of 3/30
*178 as of 3/31

1 comment: