Sunday, March 17, 2013

The streetlights hang above while we dance below.

the Wind has always been better than me.
Always knowing how to be all the things I can never get right.

He plays with my hair the way no one else does. He gives me the sweetest kisses in the world, so beautiful they make me almost want to cry.

the Wind kisses the way no one else can.

He can whistle, unlike me, even when I've always wished I could. the Wind sings me to sleep at night when there are too many nightmares and not enough moonlight or cold sheets.

He makes the trees speak, when they've always been so silent before.

the Wind's a tease.

He flips at my hair and the pages of my books, especially when I write about him, like he's embarrassed to be mentioned.

I like that the Wind is shy, like me. How even if he's cold, he's also gentle.

It makes me just the teeniest bit sad that no one will ever love him the way I do.

But maybe it's okay 
to keep the Wind 
all to myself.


14 comments:

  1. "He plays with my hair the way no one else does."
    Stealing.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant.

    "He makes the trees speak, when they've always been so silent before."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even reading your other post. I'm sorry.

    There's too much right with this. This post. This blog. Everything.

    I'm moving on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As nice of you as that is, Nelson, I'd love it if you also might read some other things? Yeah?
      A'ight.

      Delete
  4. OH this post was so good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the line "he's cold, he's also gentle."

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is few people who can write with heart and from this you are one of them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this is so fantastic. Thank you, really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah this is really good. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when you mention the wind as a tease. It was spot on.
    This sounds so corny, but you know when you read something and there's this fire that starts up in your mind? Well that just happened. Call me crazy, but I think I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He flips at my hair and the pages of my books, especially when I write about him, like he's embarrassed to be mentioned.

    haha i like it alot. you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is like eating a perfect sandwich... what i don't know, but it's dang good

    ReplyDelete