Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Where have they gone?

 I carry beautiful words in my head, but it's sad really.

I'm inarticulate.

On the way to my mouth, they turn into dust.
Tragedy, because my words are my heart but no one knows their language.
Even I don't know how to speak it.

I've got flowers in my hair to make up for the dirt behind my lips, because I'm afraid society's turned my mouth filthy. And I don't quite know how to speak in a way you'll understand, because I think my words aren't just falling on deaf ears, but my accent is just too strong.

I never can say my "T"s or "R"s exactly right.

I wish I could share my heart, my words. I wish you could read what it's my head instead of me trying to translate it.

I almost failed Spanish class for a reason.

English was always my second language, whether or not anyone will admit to that. Listen close to a child and you'll understand that they're speaking something you used to know.
It's what my heart speaks, cryptic and nonsensical.

God was my first language and I've forgotten how to speak it.



No comments:

Post a Comment