Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Give me some music like the duke used to play.

"Sometimes I think you don't trust me."
"That's because I don't."
"Why not? I want you to trust me."
"I don't trust anybody."

Which is so cliché, might I add, and I'll never really forgive myself for saying something like that. But I had to say it, because when it's the truth, sometimes -- cliché be damned -- you've just got to say it. And I don't think you really got that I was serious, but I was. I really have no idea how it happened, but somehow, I've ended up with trust issues.

Maybe it was from her telling me who I was and I started hating her a bit. Or maybe it was from his promises and how he never kept them. Maybe it was even from him never listening to me and when he finally wanted to, I couldn't believe him long enough to stop choking on the words.

Somehow I've got bitterness growing in creeping vines all through my body and I never even saw it planted.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment